We recognise that the journey to sustainability is long and, at times, challenging.
With this in mind SETO is developing clear policy standards in several key areas, that we invite member organisations to embrace and work towards:
1. Welfare – complying with best practices in animal and child welfare, anti-slavery and human trafficking
2. Education – educating young Australians, thereby creating future agents of change
3. Paper - reducing paper from all operations and eliminating where possible
4. Plastic – reducing and eventually eliminating single use plastics from the supply chain
5. Carbon – measuring, offsetting and reducing emissions in line with science based targets
6. Nature Exploitation – reducing time in over touristed / exploited areas, promoting iniatives and avoiding exploitation
7. Waste - providing guidance to clients on reducing waste on trips.
8. Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) – developing internal cultures and customer experiences that reflect best practices for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
SETO is here to support Australian organisations in this journey so that, together, we work towards a greener future for student travel.