The CATO Board has approved the employment of a new role that will sit across both CATO and SETO.
Role: CATO-SETO Business Development & Events Manager
Reports to: CATO-SETO Managing Director with indirect line to SETO Chairman
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience
Key skills required:
Travel related background in business development with a strong grasp of the land-supply sector, efficient with Microsoft Office365, strong managerial skills and verbal communication, creative writing, attention to detail, well organised with a courteous, and professional attitude.
CATO is a trade association representing the domestic and outbound land-supply sector of the Australian travel industry. Full Members are CATO Certified tour operators and wholesalers that sign up to our member code of conduct, ensuring integrity in advertising and delivery of high-quality travel experiences. CATO Associate Members consist of tourist offices and travel related product and service providers.
SETO represents the student educational group travel community, incorporating specialist educational travel tour operators, suppliers, teachers, schools, and universities, to act as a conduit between the travel and education sectors. SETO facilitates further understanding and deeper connections between educational travel operators and the broader education community.
The CATO-SETO BDM will be responsible for revenue generation across both CATO and SETO through the development and execution of appropriate strategies. The CATO-SETO BDM will be required to manage collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the travel industry whilst being able to convey the membership value propositions to potential members.
Key Result Areas
- Manage and nurture relationships with existing members
- Identify incremental membership growth opportunities
- Develop and deliver industry events that support member development
- Identify and develop external partnerships
- Active and ongoing direct engagement with current members
- Research, identify and convert organisations that are not members
- Oversight of marketing material to support new & existing member engagement
- Direct engagement with prospects to secure new members for both CATO & SETO
- Preparation, planning & coordination of relevant member events
- Identify, secure, and manage event sponsors
- Actively support the CATO-SETO Managing Director, Board Members, and admin staff
Applications including cover letter and resume should be sent to email@example.com